They are still in bargaining with AlliedBarton, their direct employer, but have yet to see a wage proposal that adequately reflects that wages they deserve. If security officers are forced to strike to secure a fair and decent contract, we are prepared to stand behind them 100%.
Going on strike is a big risk for security officers and we are disappointed that Harvard and AlliedBarton have allowed the campaign to come to this point. We hope that the involved parties will make progress in negotiations in the upcoming days, and a strike can be avoided. However, we MUST prepare for a strike and we are asking for supporters to donate to the strike fund.
Ways to Support the Strike Fund
- Donate online!
- Securely donate via PBHA
- Please type "SLAM Strike Fund" under Specific Needs to make sure your money goes to the right place.
- Mail/Drop-Off Donations
- Student Labor Action Movement, Phillips Brooks House, Harvard Yard, 02138
- Or just drop off your donation in our mailbox!
- Donation Stations
- Look for notices for Donation Stations in your dining hall! or contact email@example.com and we can pick up your donation if you are in the Harvard-area.
We are also encouraging people to think of creative ways to raise money. You could...
- Donate proceeds from your senior sale
- Have a bake sale in your dining hall
- Donate your senior gift to the strike fund instead
- Send this to your family and friends
- Whatever else you can think of!!
If you are able to contribute, whatever amount, please consider doing so. Officers are risking a lot in this strike and will greatly appreciate your support.